Foster care children are frequently stereotyped as having foster care behavioral issues & biological families who don’t love or care for them yet want to steal them from foster care homes. In this foster care video we play true or false to reveal 20 myths about foster care CHILDREN. We’ll reveal the myths about foster parents later on in this series, so be sure to subscribe if you find this information helpful in your foster care journey.
#CreatorsForChange #fostercare #diversefamilies
* FOSTER CARE stories, tips, & info: http://bit.ly/FosterCareInfo
* Choosing your FAMILY SIZE & AGE GAPS: http://bit.ly/BestFamilySize
* How to respectfully, gently, & effectively DISCIPLINE even the most difficult & damaged children: http://bit.ly/DisciplineChildren
* PARENTING TIPS, advice, & hacks: http://bit.ly/ParentingInfo
* Info for SINGLES CALLED TO PARENTHOOD: http://bit.ly/SoloMomByChoice
* Info on creating & raising DONOR CONCEIVED KIDS: http://bit.ly/DonorConceptionInfo
* My life as a solo mom by choice: www.youtube.com/LuckyFortune8Family
CHANNEL INTRO: I share advice & information about foster care, donor conception, family size & age gaps, respectful discipline, & solo parenting to help you build your own best family. I launched the Ask AMY channel in 2018 because I want you to experience something like the (never perfect but often) heavenly family life that I have.
DESTINY CALLS: My cosy corner of the internet started by a total quirk of fate! I am an Australian single mother by choice who unwittingly dropped into 21st century technology by accidentally launching a family channel www.youtube.com/LuckyFortune8Family which now has over 105K subscribers & 52M views.
BACKGROUND: I had an only child for nearly 9 years before giving birth to 4 more children within 2.5 years. In addition to my own 3 sons and 2 daughters – which include 2 sets of twins – I fostered 20 children over 7 years in 2 states, including twins and sibling groups – before my own boy/girl twins were born. Before being formally, medically retired by the Medical Assessment Tribunal (in March 2014), I worked in child care (4 years), created/delivered professional development level courses in behaviour management philosophies & strategies (3 years), plus worked in public schools (2 years), and the child protection sector (8 years). Whilst I am permanently, medically unable to resume my prior profession, I believe my years of raising children plus working with child clients and their families enables me to provide useful, generalised, lived experience information in YouTube’s pre-recorded format.
DISCLAIMER: Like anything else you find on the internet, my motherly ADVICE SHOULD NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT OR THE GUIDANCE OF PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW YOUR PERSONAL SITUATION.
GIVING BACK: Video production is costly in time, effort, & practical resources. You can support me to continue producing free content (& eventually more frequent content) by:
* watching/liking/commenting on Ask AMY videos;
* voting in the poll on each video;
* subscribing to Ask AMY & switching notifications ON;
* sharing this Ask AMY video;
* translating Ask AMY videos into other languages at http://bit.ly/HelpTranslateAskAMYvideos
* making your own voluntary, non-refundable contribution to my work via paypal.me/LF8F
* becoming a moderator in the Ask AMY comments section to ensure our mutually curious & supportive community is preserved (well known & long term subscribers can offer through comments).
OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
* FACEBOOK @AskAMYvideos
* TWITTER @Fortune8Family
* INSTAGRAM @luckyfortune8family
NB: I spend 10x more time chatting here on YouTube than I spend on any other social media so this is the best place to get my attention.
PARTNER WITH Ask AMY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “Ask AMY Partner Request”. Please provide brief details of your product or service so your potential value to this community can be considered. I’m delighted to support people & products that serve our community.